OSGAR extends OpenSceneGraph so that it will be suitable to be used for AR applications, by supporting transformations that have uncertainty associated with them. Building on the fundamental notion of uncertain transformation, OSGAR provides programmers with a range of facilities for querying and acting upon estimated registration error. The following are a sample of the kinds capabilities we are adding to the scene graph:
- Display a video stream as a background (Video AR)
- Detect artificial markers
- Connect to different sensors through a VRPN client
- Handle multiple sensors (combiners)
- Computer registration error estimates in real time
This work is supported by ONR Contract N000140010361.